Welcome!

Konnichiwa! This is our 2o13 class homepage. Here, we will post pictures and stories from our days here in South Dakota. Please let your families know about this page so they can share in our travels and experiences throughout these next two weeks. Your teachers and your host families are here to help you, so please let us know if you need anything at all. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

True South Dakotans

Today, we made true South Dakotans out of these kids.  They learned, they researched, they rode horses, they went to the lake, and they checked out motorcycles and ATVs.

 This morning, the students were given their last major assignment, which is an individual presentation, with research, about one of the places we have traveled to thus far.  We had a discussion about giving effective presentations, and then the students began to research their topics in the computer lab:


After lunch, we drove out to a real, working horse farm (thanks, Dorine!), where they rode horses and experienced life as a farm kid.

Here are pics from our day:  farm pics, pics from Lake Madison, and finally, a stop at InterLakes Sports to check out the motorcycles!

























I sure am gonna miss these awesome kids.

5 comments:

  1. I’m Shoko.
    Morning, we talked about an individual presentation, and we learned about effective presentations. And then, we researched about one of the places with computer. After lunch, we went to farm, and we rode horses! I experienced it for the first time. It was good. The horses were very pretty! And then, we went the Lake. I did fishing. And we took the nice picture! We went back to the university, and we talked about the Japan Night in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m Saori.
    Today, we talked about an individual presentation and we made provision for our presentation. And after lunch, we rode horses. I rode horse for the first time. So it was very fun!! After that we went to Lake and we watched motorcycles. I thought I want to climb on a motorcycle someday. I had such a productive day!!
    Tomorrow is Japan Night!! I feel nervous but I do my best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Rina.
    We did bingo and study how to good presentation whole morning. After lunch, we went to horse farm and I rode horde four times. I like animals so the farm was so fun! And we went to Sunset Harber and we did striking the pose of throwing a stone and did fishing. Tomorrow is Japan night so I have to practice "Suibokuga". But I will do my best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, I rode the horse. Horse's hips were soft and shoulders were very hard! The horse was rode a lot of people. So, I think two horses are very tired now. Thank you so much guys!
    Finaly, I was looking around the motorcycle. While I looking at them, I have came to want the buggy. If I have a lot of money in future, I'll buy the buggy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Azumi.
    Today, we played bingo and learned how to presentation. And we rode horses. I had rode a horse before, but I was so excited! Then we went to Lake Madison and motorcycles shop. I played fishing for the first time. It was very fun! Motorcycles was so cool.
    It will be Japan Night at tomorrow. Though I am tense, I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete