Welcome!

Konnichiwa! This is our 2o13 class homepage. Here, we will post pictures and stories from our days here in South Dakota. Please let your families know about this page so they can share in our travels and experiences throughout these next two weeks. Your teachers and your host families are here to help you, so please let us know if you need anything at all. Enjoy!

Friday, August 9, 2013

The End of Week 1!

We ended our week with a lovely trip to Pipestone, MN to see the Pipestone National Monument.  The students watched a very moving and informational video at the visitor's center, and then we all walked the trail around the area.  It was a bright, blue, beautiful day.

This is Travis, one of the carvers of the pipestone, making a pipe, and below is a pic of the whole gang.


Fumiaki on the rocks:


A group at the Waterfall:


Up high:

Saki, Azumi, and Takashi:


Saori, Shoko, and Rina:


Amy with Eisuke, Shunsuke, and Taiga at Lange's Cafe:



Tomorrow, Azumi turns 20!  So, we all sang Happy Birthday to her at Lange's and gave her a piece of pie for a birthday treat:


This week has been fun and busy!  The students have been working hard and are doing very well.  Nearly every place we go, people stop and talk to them, and they are able to carry on conversations quite well.  It's been a great week! 

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Azunee! We hope you have lots of fun in Dakota. By Kacchin, Macha and Maki from Osaka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Rina.
    Today we went to Pipestone.It is the place of origin of the pipe of the Indian.I learned about Indian in Tamagawa University so it was interesting. And we went to LANGE'S cafe. Azumi's birthday is tomorrow. We celebrated a birthday of Azumi by a surprise! Happy Birthday,Azumi:)8 After that I went to watch a marching performance of Morgan. It was so cool. And I got a signature of professional marching!It was the first time of my life. So It was fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Azumi.
    We went to Pipe Stone. There was very scenic. Japan does not have such a place. And I was celebrate a birthday at the age of noon. I get birthday cake, present and card by my friends. I was glad. Thank you! Then I went to watch marching in the evening. It was cool! Have a nice weekend:)
    p.s. Fist comement is my cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Takeru.
    Today, we went to Pipestone. This place is so beautiful.
    We watched video of Native American. I learned many things.
    Native American's history, pipestone, music and dance !
    It was very interesting.
    This week, I had such a productive week!
    I'm enjoy everyday and I can't wait next week !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birth Day AZUMI !!!

    by Takeru

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Tadashi
    We went to Pipe Stone!!
    Pipe Stone is good place,so beautiful!!
    Today was so much fun!!

    and....
    Azumi happy birth day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m Saori.
    Today we went to Pipestone National Monument. We watched movie about Indian. Indian's pipe was very beautiful. I thought all things were very great design. After that, we went hiking. Today was a perfect day for hiking!! It's good exercise for me but I was very tired.
    We ate lunch at Lange’s Café. Azumi’s birthday is tomorrow so we celebrated a birthday. I think it went well!! Have a good year, Azumi:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m Shoko.
    Today, we went to Pipestone National Monument. We watched the video about Indian and the making of a pipe. And then we walked around the area. There were many plants, water, waterfall and rocks. They were so beautiful.
    In lunch, we celebrated Azumi’s 20th birthday! I and other women gave a birthday card with some messages to her. She was very pleased at it. After lunch, we enjoyed shopping.
    I had a wonderful week! I want to enjoy the next week too.
    Finally, Azumi Happy Birthday!!! I hope that you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today we went to Pipestone National Monument.We watched movie about Indian.Then we took a walk around there.It was ce view.And then we went to Lange’s Café for lunch.We celebrated Azumi's birthday,becouse tomorrow is her birthday.Have a good twenty life.I was glad to learn about Indian.
    Finally,I love everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This week was very beautiful week!!
    I went to prairie village,zoo and so on. I seemed to know the real America. I wanna know more!
    And I saw the starry sky with Taiga and host famiry at night. It's very beautiful! Then, I can saw shooting star!
    I went to many places and I had a lot of wonderful experience.
    I'm very happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm Takashi
    Today we went to pipestone. Pipestone was very beautiful place. I learned history or how to make pipe stones. It was so good day too. And then, Azumi is happy birthday. I celebrated it together.I look forward to on Monday.

    ReplyDelete